Consume a low-fibre diet. This can include food options such as: eggs, steamed white fish, poached chicken, cottage cheese, low fat plain yoghurt, white bread, white pasta, white rice, jelly (lemon, lime or orange), skim milk, or well-cooked and peeled pumpkin and potato. Consume only approved clear fluids (see below).
Stop eating brown bread, cereals, fruit, vegetables and anything containing seeds. We also recommend that you avoid yellow cheese. You also need to avoid red and purple food colouring while preparing for a colonoscopy.
Approved clear fluids to be taken include:
- Water, black tea, black coffee, herbal tea and green tea
- Strained juices without pulp (apple or pear juice)
- Clear soups such as broth or Bonox ? strain out all noodles and other solids
- Jelly (lemon, lime or orange)
- Carbonated soft drinks (lemonade, lemon squash, ginger ale or mineral water)
- Clear ice blocks